Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Project Wrap-up

Earlier today we had a wrap-up meeting with one of our clients. This client was a multinational company that had relocated to one of Makati's Grade-A Buildings.

To be honest, I had doubts that we would even get this job as (1) the invitation to bid was sent to our previous company's email and was sent to us late, in effect cutting down our bid preparation period, (2) as a company, we had never constructed in the building before. (3) we were bidding against 3 of the top companies in the industry, and (4) we were a start-up company that had only registered last year, and we didn't even have a financial statement to our name.

Notice I didn't say anything about our delivery? Heheh, I wouldn't consider that a problem, as we've got an extremely talented designer, and project management is handled by yours truly.

Anyway, they took a change, we got the job and it was our first big job for the year - a design and construct job to boot!

Despite hiccups, they're very pleased with the final result, and I couldn't help grinning today when the CFO said that visitors always told them that their new offices looked really good. She said that they love showing off the pantry (which we had designed as a cafe' complete with pendant lighting and ceiling features).

In spite of all the internal heartache and stress we had with this project (and believe me they were numerous - our trusted suppliers who had never made booboos before chose to drop everything on this job - I would write down all the trouble but I wouldn't be believed), I can really say I am quite happy with the final product.

In tagalog, nakakataba ng puso when your clients are happy with what you did. :)