Steak on the Run
I was buying lunch for one of my officemates at the Shang mall foodcourt and decided to get him a steak at House of Minis.
Mai: Could I have one porterhouse to go please?
Waitress: ok (writes down order and gives to back kitchen cook)
Cashier: 130 pesos ma'am.
Mai: Oh, and could I have the receipt I'll be back in about 10 minutes to pick it up.
Cashier: ok
After a few minutes
Mai: Could I have my takeout order please, here's the receipt.
Waitress: (surprised) But someone claimed the steak already...
Mai: How could they? I've not claimed it, and I've got the receipt....
Waitress: Well....(huge sigh)....Someone claimed it....Sorry.
I'll spare you the rest, suffice to say I walked away with a freshly cooked steak.
Ay. I was nice about it naman. Just firm.
Mai: Could I have one porterhouse to go please?
Waitress: ok (writes down order and gives to back kitchen cook)
Cashier: 130 pesos ma'am.
Mai: Oh, and could I have the receipt I'll be back in about 10 minutes to pick it up.
Cashier: ok
After a few minutes
Mai: Could I have my takeout order please, here's the receipt.
Waitress: (surprised) But someone claimed the steak already...
Mai: How could they? I've not claimed it, and I've got the receipt....
Waitress: Well....(huge sigh)....Someone claimed it....Sorry.
Mai's thoughts at that time
I'll spare you the rest, suffice to say I walked away with a freshly cooked steak.
Ay. I was nice about it naman. Just firm.

<< Home