Sunday, August 29, 2004

Mother Other

Eeeee! Othercat is currently giving birth!!!


not one of the kittens but they look something like this


I walked down the stairs to see Othercat in her cage with something pink wriggling near her.

I'm a bit worried as I've never actually been with a cat during childbirth before. Except for Micmac (R.I.P.), and I had to drive her to the vet at 3AM for a caesaerean operation - and was too freaked to watch.

There are 3 kittens right now, and I think she isn't done yet.

ETA:
We took Othercat to the vet as she stopped giving birth for 4 hours with kittens still in her. They have given her some calcium and are watching over her.

She has given birth to 2 more kittens, with more on the way.


I am trying to figure out how to make them all fit in our tiny office. Best options would be to screen off the rear properly and turn the area into a cattery of sorts.