Friday, August 27, 2004

La Vida de Mujer



I've been quite focused on vanity this week.

First, I decided to discontinue the medicines my dermatologist gave me. They're actually more of a maintenance set as my skin hasn't been doing so bad these past months. Besides, they make my skin peel, and they say Bleach / Whitening / Peeling. Ugh, I don't want to turn into a whiter version of me. I like my color just as it is.

I purchased some skincare from Decleor. Decleor carries an aromatherapy / essential oil - based skincare system that builds on a 2-step regime of (1) an aromessence (oil), and (2) a baume (balm, really, heh) which is a wax that melts once in contact with your skin.

It's pretty cool, and although I was a bit concerned about adding more oil to my-face-which-could-be-considered-a-middle-east-country, I love sniffing the oils and my skin looks a bit less like the dried-up leaf it should be (considering my sleep-smoke-coffee habits).

I got the oil, balm, toner, moisturizer, spot-corrector, and lip balm. And the SA gave me a facial and an entire bag of samples! She even told me to visit her once a week as she would be happy to give me regular facials. Ah, I love Rustans. I don't think I can shop anywhere else.

Oh, I'm not done yet. Clarins called me last week and invited me to a skincare demo. I had initially told the SA that I couldn't make it, but then she said the magic words "Ma'am we'll be giving away some product sets". How could I resist, freebie-whore that I am? I signed up for Erik and myself. Yesterday we got free facials, and a set of day and night creams, a lipstick, and a bottle of nailpolish. Have I mentioned I love Rustans? They really know how to reel me in.

So now I am living on crackers and sandwiches until the end of the month, as I've used my food allowance on cosmetics.

But hey, I'm happy.





Next to buy:
  • Gel Demaquillant Regulateur
  • Masque Purifiant Regulateur
  • Vitaroma Wrinkle Prevention Eye Contour
  • Aromessence Slendisium
  • Aromessence Baume Slendisium
  • Lift Cellulium