The Kitty Situation
We've got some cat visitors at our office who we feed every day. One is Othercat, and the other 2 are her children - Cutie and Ugly.
We had originally intended to have Othercat spayed once she stopped breastfeeding Cutie and Ugly but she got pregnant really quickly. So it looks like the number of kittens will be growing.
We've now got a problem as our landlady says the neighbors are complaining about the cats, and the landlady has told us that she will have them shot by her security guard.
I called PAWS and got to speak with Nita. I told her our problem and asked for some suggestions about how to capture Cutie and Ugly. It seems that the best way would be for us to place the cage on the roof, place food in the cage for a couple days until the kittens get used to eating inside, and then figure out a way to close the door like a trap.
Once we catch them we can have them spayed / neutered and then keep them in the office. This will involve adding 2 more litter boxes, some feeding bowls, and probably some blankets. We will then have more cats then people here.
Wish us luck, we really want to take them inside so we can take care of them properly.
ETA:
I have just tried feeding them by climbing on a ledge beside the roof and tossing food near the roof edge. Cutie is quite brave as he went near the food, and after peeping at me from the edge, started eating and went near my hand for some scratching. Ugly is a bit more wary as she keeps her distance from me. I'll keep feeding them this way so hopefully they become more trusting and then my officemate and I can grab them instead of trap them using a cage and bait. :)
I'll have to ask Jun to speak with the neighbors tomorrow to apologise about the bother and tell them that we intend to take the cats off the roof.
We had originally intended to have Othercat spayed once she stopped breastfeeding Cutie and Ugly but she got pregnant really quickly. So it looks like the number of kittens will be growing.
We've now got a problem as our landlady says the neighbors are complaining about the cats, and the landlady has told us that she will have them shot by her security guard.
I called PAWS and got to speak with Nita. I told her our problem and asked for some suggestions about how to capture Cutie and Ugly. It seems that the best way would be for us to place the cage on the roof, place food in the cage for a couple days until the kittens get used to eating inside, and then figure out a way to close the door like a trap.
Once we catch them we can have them spayed / neutered and then keep them in the office. This will involve adding 2 more litter boxes, some feeding bowls, and probably some blankets. We will then have more cats then people here.
Wish us luck, we really want to take them inside so we can take care of them properly.
ETA:
I have just tried feeding them by climbing on a ledge beside the roof and tossing food near the roof edge. Cutie is quite brave as he went near the food, and after peeping at me from the edge, started eating and went near my hand for some scratching. Ugly is a bit more wary as she keeps her distance from me. I'll keep feeding them this way so hopefully they become more trusting and then my officemate and I can grab them instead of trap them using a cage and bait. :)
I'll have to ask Jun to speak with the neighbors tomorrow to apologise about the bother and tell them that we intend to take the cats off the roof.

<< Home